3.17.2009

The Luck of the Irish

Every year I patiently wait for the one day of the year I don't have to think about what to wear.  This morning I careless threw on whatever was lying around, and effortlessly managed to dress in 3 green garments before turning on the radio to be reminded that yet again, I have managed to effortlessly dress for the greenest day of the year.


On this day, I find myself contemplating the luck of the irish.  I myself am about 1/8th potato loving--ironic I know because I strongly dislike potatoes, but I find a new sense of irony that on the greenest day of the year I find myself seeking a new treatment for a disease which is also ironically named after my favorite color.  Lime green...or rather Lyme Disease.

As something I generally avoid to discuss due to my wild imagination that keeps me focused on the groutfitti that plagues the men's room or the newest daily candy, today I just want to take a moment to relish (also green) in the irony of my own St. Patty's Day.

So here is to being green friends.

1 comment:

elsie said...

yep, i'ts not "easy" being green!!just discovered your blog on an etsy forum thread! i love your sense of humor, guess that make me your latest follower!!

come on over and visit me sometime:
http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/